Natty Light wants to pay off your student loan debt.
Here’s what you need to know.
Paying off student loan debt
Natty Light (a light beer also known as Natural Light and owned by Anheuser-Busch) is donating $ 10 million over the next 10 years to help pay off student loans. The latest student debt statistics show that more than 44 million Americans collectively owe $ 1.6 trillion in student debt. Student loan debt is now the second highest category of consumer debt – behind mortgage debt and ahead of credit card debt.
To deal with the growing problem of student debt, Natural Light is contributing $ 1 million this year to help 40 people – who will each receive $ 25,000 – pay off their student loans faster.
How to enter
You can enter for a chance to win a portion of the Million Dollar Giveaway. Here is what you need to do:
- Post a video on social media by March 29, 2020 with how you would celebrate your student loan repayment.
- Use the hashtags #NATTYSTORIES, #CONTEST and # 2020
To participate, you must be at least 21 years old and have enrolled in an accredited college or university within the past 15 years. Here’s an added perk on top of the contest: Natty Light will also pay you $ 100 if you allow Natty Light to rent your original college degree, with Natty Light’s promise to return it to you in exactly the same condition.
Other Ways to Pay Off Student Loans
There are many ways to pay off student debt. Here are some starting points:
1. Student loan repayment: Consider income-based repayment plans for your federal student loans if you’re having trouble paying each month.
2. Student loan waiver: Consider a public service loan forgiveness if you work for an eligible public service employer.
3. Student loan refinancing: Consider refinancing your student loans to lower your interest rate on federal student loans, private student loans, or both. Rates are insanely cheap right now and start at just 1.89%.
This student loan refinance calculator shows how much you can save when you refinance student loans.